Monday, October 5, 2009

Mount Rainier




We've been down to Seattle a few times this summer. Once we went hiking on Mt. Rainier.







Here's Abby's take on the whole experience -- "When we where hiking the snow didn't melt so we had a snow ball fight!!! After that we had more snowball fights and more hiking. Pretty soon my shoes started to hurt and I took them off. My Dad said my feet would get cut. But I said my feet really hurt. So he said O.k. Soon I tripped and my toe got cut and bled. I was crying beacause it hurt a lot. My dad carried me part way down. When we got to the car it was ok and we drove to the Hotel".



Aside from Abby's shoe travails, things were fine and it was a strikingly beautiful place. Wildflowers, meadows, glaciers. Ethan hiked basically the full 3 miles, which was pretty impressive for a 3 year old. In any case, here are some pics.

No comments: